Working From Home Expenses
Actual Cost Method
No Changes for your 2023 Tax Return
- Claim a deduction for additional expenses incurred by working from home such as energy costs, phone, internet, printing, stationery, cleaning.
- Must have a dedicated separate home office that you work in.
- Claim deduction for purchase and repairs/maintenance of technology and office furniture. Any purchases of $300 and over will be depreciated.
- Must provide substantiatiation of the expense for example, how you have apportioned your energy expense according to your home office space area in relation to your home size, keep receipts for stationery and printing expenses.
- More information can be found here: Actual cost method | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au)