JobKeeper Payment Key Dates & Actions for Employers
• 28 September 2020 – The JobKeeper extension starts and the
payment rates change for your eligible employees. See JobKeeper Payment Rates
• Between 1 and 14 October 2020 – complete the October
JobKeeper monthly business declaration so you can be reimbursed
for September fortnights.
• Between 1 and 31 October 2020 – check and submit the business
actual decline in turnover to the ATO online to be eligible for
JobKeeper phase 2. See Actual Decline in Turnover Test
If you are eligible and have already enrolled for JobKeeper, you do
not need to re-enrol for phase 2 and employees do not need to
complete another nomination notice.
• 31 October 2020 – for the JobKeeper fortnights from 28 September
2020 and 12 October 2020 only, the ATO are allowing employers
until 31 October 2020 to meet the wage condition. The wage
condition is that the employer must have already paid at least the
JobKeeper amount (less PAYG withholding and any salary sacrificed
amounts) to the employee for the fortnight.
• Between 1 and 14 November – complete a monthly business
declaration and tell the ATO the payment tier being claimed for each
eligible employee. You should also make your employees aware of
the payment tier they will be receiving.
• You should also make any updates to your employees’ eligibility
(including when you will no longer be receiving JobKeeper
payments) using the Maintain function as part of your business